Friday, June 04, 2004

the ride

Also, this week has a hell of a weather, one morning the sun is up so on my way to office I leave my umbrella at home, then by the time I go home it rained hard. To make the matters worst, I see myself on a tight competition with all other passengers waiting along Edsa Ortigas. It’s like a race on who to get home early, by getting on a bus first on route to southbound. It’s an every man for himself battle. So the sneaky me, outbox all others and in no time got to a bus. I felt so relief, until I started to smell something like a rotten food stock inside the bus for weeks. I would have chose to get out but I fought hard to get in. So I stood by the smell, which I swear almost got me dizzy. Not to mention the drivers’ loud radio with very poor frequency, so I was like almost deaf and about to puke. Still I stayed in, rather than soak myself in the rain. I just simply hold on to my breath so to avoid the smell. At one time the bus was overly staying and waiting for passengers, and at one point it will just zigzag the road and through the stretch of the traffic. For a time I also thought Shumaccer got hold of the drivers seat. Anyway, the bus was beginning to be jam-packed by passengers. With all these I really give no damn to cockroaches anymore, they are on the seats, on the curtains and the window sides, but heck that bus was full of it, didn’t care still. While paranoia got the best of me, can’t help I was a victim of a bus thief, I tend to look around and observe the person sitting beside me. He might just pull out a knife or a gun and declare a robbery. Fortunately, I survived that one, well EDSA isn’t EDSA without the rude buses.

Finally and thank heaven I got myself home safe though wet and sneezing.

No comments: