Monday, May 31, 2004

All My Weekend

One method I do in invigorating the soul and the mind is through conversing with the Heaven, prayers, in short word and deep contemplation. I spent the weekend trying to reflect on my life and on the surrounding it revolves. I try to do this at least once a month visiting St. Clare of Assisi Monastery in Katipunan, Q.C. That place has a different calm where in few hours I find peace and inner tranquility. Don’t you just love to hear the leaves when the wind gently gust to the trees and the birds chirping, while you are trying to speak with your God. Either fervently hoping for graces, thanking him, or just making an appeal and saying last few words of despair.

Unlike other churches that are so popularly being visited by devotees for novena and special intentions like those in Baclaran and Quiapo, I find the monastery the most uncrowded one. People come and go in groups of two or three and yet never I have seen the whole church being full. The most must be around 40 on one morning I came to pray there. Though regardless of the Church, Saints, Novena or number of prayers you have prayed, it’s the faith and the heart that counts the very most.

So after the only heartfelt act of my life for the Heaven. Which was thought to me by my girlfriend, she accompanied me every single time I seek to go there. I spend the rest of the day with her watching a Filipino movie starred by Aga Muhlach and Kristine Hermosa entitled “All of My Life”. She had this all planned out watching that movie since the day she saw the trailer. Though, I thought there would be last minute change of plans, like for say end up watching Shrek 2, which obviously never happened.

Anyway, the movie has a unique story compared to the usual Filipino film. The story is full of irony, well real life is actually full of it anyway, and that may have made the movies’ twist a little realistic and stirring. It’s the irony when one man, Sam (Played by Aga) accepted his fate that he may not live much longer, not until the time he realized that he found the joy and love he sought in life through a girl, Louie (played by Kristine) he met while on a cruise. Louie felt the same love and joy poured by the man who helped her bring back the pieces of her broken heart. Notwithstanding that one day she again will be brokenhearted when Sam fear of death comes their way. They chose to be together and be happy even at the few remaining breathe of Sam.

In life, sometimes, time can be more preciously weigh and felt when we are run out of it, down to our very desired seconds.

What made the movie more tasteful is the soundtrack interpreted by Gary Valenciano, here is a part of the lyrics entitled “How Did You Know”. To Sheryll this is for you :

INTRO: I remember so well
The day that you came into my life
You asked for my name
You had the most beautiful smile
My life started to change
I'd wake up each day feeling alright
With you right by my side
Makes me feel things will work out just fine


CHORUS: How did you know
I needed someone like you in my life
That there's an empty space in my heart
You came at the right time in my life
I'll never forget
How you brought the sun to shine in my life
And took all the worries and fears that I had
I guess what I'm really trying to say
It's not everyday that someone like you comes my way
No words can express how much I love you

No comments: