Wednesday, May 26, 2004

TROY



Has anyone in the blog world have not talked about the Brad Pitt movie? Well at least most of the blog sites I visited have mentioned something about Troy. And I don't want to brag anymore this supposed to be epic movie. So I'll make this swift, it's an okay movie; perhaps I may have put so much expectation to it that it failed to reach the classy movie I thought it would be. Though I’ll be gentle with my words here, my girlfriend kindda like the movie, yeah she is a Brad Pitt fan, but who isn't? She is but a woman, we watched it together over the weekend.

Anyway, back to the movie, the battle scenes, which should be a highlight, was a bit boring. It wasn't at the level I've seen in the LOTR trilogy. No way this can be compared to LOTR, even with the presence of Orlando Bloom who played as Paris, guess what? Paris according to the book I've read is supposed to be a great archer. Coincidence? (Paris and Legolas) I guess the makers of the film tried to avoid this scenario that the Paris portrayed came out as a weak and lame prince, he was only seen using an arrow and bow almost at the end of the movie.

On second thought it's an okay movie, especially with the presence of Peter O'toole, one of the legend actors of our time. He played as King Priam of Troy. One emotional scene, which I can say is the most unforgettable, is the time when King Priam kneeled and pleaded for his sons' dead body. He even kissed and praised the hands of Achilles (played by Brad Pitt) who caused the life of his beloved son.

Then again, should you find free time to go the theater and watch Troy, well…do so!

The dilemma I am having right now is the contrasting story told by the story of the movie to the story based on a book as told by my literature teacher in my senior year. What a heck? I’ll not wait for Homer to come from his grave to find out the truth. As long as I am entertained by the story it’s enough for me.


1 comment:

Bullbayliss said...

I love the film TROY - i thought that it was amazing in every way.
Nice blog site by the way!
I love films so much i have started a Movie/film poster blog site of my own, except my posters all have me in them as the star, thanks to Photoshop.
Check out my Terminator salvation poster out.