Friday, February 08, 2008

Across the Office

How convincing can I be?

Since I exaggeratedly talked about a movie I watched one weekend to my officemates called 'Across the Universe'. Many have insist on borrowing the DVD from me. Which I gladly shared with them. The movie which my wife absolutely hated, not only because of the dragging story, also the fact that she is not a fan of musical plays moreso to those that were put into film. The movie according to her, ruined her weekend because it gave her headache. Well, I would like to disagree, but I can't blame her if she feels the colorful 70's theme of the movie was kindda too much for her.

But then ofcourse this incident with my wife on how she felt about the movie didn't reach my gullible co-workers. I don't want them to ever think that the movie can be that bad. However, I am very confident that most of them do not have the enthusiasm on a musical play and moreso to those put into film, just like my wife. And so my ever gentle, sharing soul is more than willing to offer the DVD to them. I may have said few lies, like watching the movie three times over the weekend, that I will put this movie to my list of all-time favorites, and that I intend to keep the DVD so my children's children will be able to see them in the future. Though none of the mentioned ever crossed my mind nor actually took place.

Nevertheless, for all beatle fans out there, you are going to embrace this movie. If you are the hippie type and loves the beatle music, you will thank me for mentioning this to you. (As of this writing an officemate has just ping me to say thank you for letting her borrow the DVD and they intend to watch it this weekend, she is one of the all-action/thriller movie buff kind of person. Watching this film is going to be a slow death for her. Can't wait for the reaction on Monday)



Let us go back to the question placed above.....how convincing can I be?

No comments: